Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The man


I arrived to scout out Charleston on a perfectly low humidity, sunny, 60 degree afternoon. 

 

O wait I forgot the man, how could I forget the man?  My oldest friend Audra asked, again? You’re moving to place where you know no one again?  I have chalked up AZ, LA, TX, AK and WY in the past. Boldly jumping into the new situation with little hesitation and for the most part great success. Audra’s question was followed by a few of my facebook friends asking; you don’t know anyone there?  It had never occurred to me to move someplace where I knew someone. 

 

I had made a new years goal to be in a relationship this year. Well actually I commanded the universe to get to work on finding my love in a dramatic proclamation on Facebook. (see copy in next post) So while the cosmos pulled it’s strings I was struggling to implement my life change of single to couple hood in podunk OR. When my buddy Jeremy reminded me he had found his wife on a dating website, I threw almost all those doubts about online dating stigma to the wayside. I signed myself up for match in the Charleston area.  Five men where in the running then Mr. D nailed his questions. 

 

I was intellectual about this process on match.  I made a few questions I thought would be revealing. My favorite question was do you listen to NPR?  Others included do you volunteer, do you like your job and lastly what are you passionate about.  This time around I wasn’t going to get some doe eyed, guitar pickin’, coke head that girls drooled over. Or the sexy alcoholic military man that could fuck pleasure screams out of me all night. Then conveniently get “deployed”, A.K.A my wife is coming back next week.

 

Nope I wanted a man that helped old women across the street, could afford to take me out to dinner and knew how to fix a car thanks to Click and Clack! Mr. D was a tall skinny blond that loved to sail. ARRR I could be an Olive Oyle. He had held a real job getting his hands dirty for 15 years. I don’t trust a man that comes home cleaner than me from work. I told him I wanted to have sex three times a day and he paused for a minute then pledged to live up to the challenge.  Now that is my kind of man! We talked every night and bonded with each other like no other relationship I had previously had.  From across the country he was the whole package. My biggest and yes shallow fear was when I saw him for the first time he was in reality going to be a short, fat old man that suffered from erectile dysfunction due to alcoholism! 

 

I arrived on a Thursday afternoon…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment