Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Credit Cards


So some states don’t accept debit cards as a form of payment for a rental car and if I was one of those people that read fine print then maybe I would not have been stuck so high and dry at the rental station.  If ever visiting Charleston have a major credit card. Damn would Dave Ramsey the anti-credit card guru of mine raise some hell.  Already the damsel in distress not an hour on the ground.  I felt the panic knot rising from my gut. An entire scouting trip wasted without a car to actually scout.  I decided to O’Hara my distress and just get my luggage to a destination. 

 

After some great advice from my cab guy about the importance of establishing good credit I arrived at my first experience with a vacation home rental. VRBO rocks. I searched online for the picturesque downtown locale.  I wanted cozy, old school, easy access, clean and yes I will take a bike rental with that!   They served that all up with an Adirondack chair on the side.  Yes, one thing had gone as planned.

 Now I had the countdown to meeting my prince charming Mr. D. T minus three hours to rock out potentially my most important first impression of my romantic life! 

Months of buildup and he was in my driveway. Do I jump him (slut)?  Shake his hand (prude)?  Run away in horror from his bald midget ass (superficial)? 

Huge smile, breath released my Mr. D was just what he was supposed to be. I grabbed him in a tight relieved hug.  Amazingly not awkward. Should I be writing for Match.com?  Maybe it was our old age, the months of buildup, the relief of neither one of us being a big fat lie?  Truly it was like old high school buddies seeing each other after too many years.  Not quite there but at a level where at least I didn’t stutter. 

 Oddly enough Jackson WY nurtured a true addiction to sushi.  Fresh fish flown in daily!  Being stuck in the middle of north east Oregon did not feed that a habit. Mr. D had listened to my needs and reserved us at the high rated Tsunami downtown for our first dinner date. I provided him with his first real going out to sushi experience.The Thursday night half price rolls didn’t make him pass out when it was time for his admitted tight ass to pay for the bill. I was giggly on my fresh fish high. He held my hand under the Palmettos strolling down cobbled streets and the waiting to exhale moment was happening!   But wait we still have to deal with the good in bed deal breaker?  

Well I’m not going to go 50 shades on you but there are men where you rationalize “I can work with this maybe” and then there are men that make you wonder why they aren’t tied up for your personal use at all convenient times!  Well, tie him up! 

 

So I had two love affairs hit me at once. The perfect South Carolina blue skies and the same clear color sparkle from my new mate.  A job and a house and then it would be a royal flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment